Legalweek 2019: 5 things we're watching
#Legalweek19 is just a week away, and our team can’t wait to see what 2019 will bring forth in the legal tech world. This behemoth industry conference promises a tremendous amount of learning opportunities, networking events, and the latest updates on legal technology solutions. Here are a few highlights that we are most looking forward to seeing.
- “How to Build a Better Tech Show.” ([pre-conference event](https://abovethelaw.com/2019/01/do-legal-tech-conferences-leave-you-feeling-flat-come-tell-us-about-it-over-drinks/)). How better to kick off a conference than with an evening of learning how to make the most of it? This diverse panel discussion should offer important advice to every type of attendee.
- Fireside Chat with two Attorneys General. Both Loretta Lynch and Roberto Gonzalez will be kicking off the conference in the opening fireside chat on the changing leadership within the legal profession. This is a two-for-one discussion we don’t think you’ll want to miss.
- Growing Trend in Technology for Transactional Practices. As discussed more thoroughly in a previous post, litigation practices have adopted and grown technologies to automate their practice over the past several years, but we are still in the advent stage of these technologies for transactional practices. We expect Legalweek to be a showcase for what 2019 will bring to transactional law.
- Updates in Cybersecurity. Security & confidentiality are vital concerns for any software—especially legal technology. How are both firms and legal technology companies rising to the challenges of protecting confidential client data?
- Artificial Intelligence. Could we really have a highlight list without mentioning AI? There has been so much talk and growth in the past year and we can’t wait to see what else is on the horizon. Conference Tip: Attorney & legal tech maven Bob Ambrogi highlighted a few of the most on-point AI-related sessions [here](https://www.lawsitesblog.com/2019/01/conference-preview-ai-spotlight-legalweek-convenes-jan-28.html).
- Augmented Reality. It looks like there will be an AR (that’s augmented reality!) experience incorporated onto the back of your Legalweek badge. Make sure to download the Zappar app on your mobile device to get the full AR experience at the conference!
Of course these barely scratch the surface of what is offered next week! And maybe we'll be most surprised by what we least expect. What are you most looking forward to at #Legalweek19?
If you’re attending, please come say hello to the SimplyAgree team! You can visit simplyagree.com/legalweek to set up a time to meet, or stop by our kiosk located in Booth 431.